handdator

Visa fullständig version : What is Guldpirat?!

2008-01-23, 09:05
Hi there,

I am just curious about this new "Guldpirat" action. What is this supposed to be?

http://www.piratpartiet.se/guldpirat

http://www.falkvinge.com/2008/01/guldpirat-2008.html

I couldn't find any English site that's offering information about it. Seems to me like some sort of funny form to collect election campaign donations. Do you gather some special status within the party by buying a lot of "Pirate Gold" - I hope not, since I despise any kind of lobbyism!!

Cheers and keep up the good work

Rick Falkvinge
2008-01-23, 09:24
Hi,

there's a bit of info about it on the international donation page at http://www.piratpartiet.se/donate. Basically, we're encouraging members and supporters to donate a small sum monthly, and call themselves "gold pirates" (as in gold level pirates) for doing so.

Cheers,

Rick

2008-01-23, 09:31
Thanks for your reply.

So it's a bit like I imagined. As I said, I strongly hope this doesn't degenerate to some kind of Oligarchy or Lobbyism, where money counts more than a man's bare vote!

Henry Rouhivuori
2008-01-23, 10:22
I don't have 2 votes when we have meetings... it would be unfair.

HR - Guldpirat

Rick Falkvinge
2008-01-23, 15:27
Anonymous (2008-Jan-23)So it's a bit like I imagined. As I said, I strongly hope this doesn't degenerate to some kind of Oligarchy or Lobbyism, where money counts more than a man's bare vote!

It's important to note that all donations, even monthly ones, are anonymous. Our donations are set up so that we have no means of knowing or tracking who has donated. Anybody who claims to be a monthly donor won't be contradicted nor confirmed by the party.

Rick

2008-01-23, 15:54
Rick Falkvinge (2008-Jan-23)Anybody who claims to be a monthly donor won't be contradicted nor confirmed by the party.

Unless he uses his Piratpartiet Forum account (where only paying members receive the gold status)...

Ken Rabelius
2008-01-23, 16:07
Anonymous (2008-Jan-23)Rick Falkvinge (2008-Jan-23)Anybody who claims to be a monthly donor won't be contradicted nor confirmed by the party.

Unless he uses his Piratpartiet Forum account (where only paying members receive the gold status)...

Those "buttons" are put there by the persons themselves, its not falkvinge who does that :)

Henry Rouhivuori
2008-01-23, 16:15
Ken Rabelius (2008-Jan-23)Those "buttons" are put there by the persons themselves, its not falkvinge who does that :)

Group: Partimedlem ... if money counts there should be Group: Guldmedlem. :P

Ken Rabelius
2008-01-23, 16:21
The reason the party needs money is not for lobbying. They need cash to get materials to use during elections, informational material, and so on. its not about lobbying, its about being able to do things to make things go the right direction :)

2008-01-23, 16:39
HR (2008-Jan-23)Ken Rabelius (2008-Jan-23)Those "buttons" are put there by the persons themselves, its not falkvinge who does that :)

Group: Partimedlem ... if money counts there should be Group: Guldmedlem. :P

Ah, sorry I misunderstood that.

Didn't recognize it's just a banner in the first place. :blush:

Rick Falkvinge
2008-01-23, 16:47
Anonymous (2008-Jan-23)Ah, sorry I misunderstood that.

Didn't recognize it's just a banner in the first place. :blush:

No worries. Your concerns are justified. After all, we had the exact same concerns and tried to counter them in advance by making all donations anonymous.