handdator

Visa fullständig version : Greetings from Germany

jh
2006-07-09, 21:09
Hi folks. Thank you for posting a link to this forum on our german BB. I did'nt find it for myself (so I agree to the other posting stating it is hard to find). Nonetheless having this central point of international attraction and collaboration is very important and we thank you for launching it. To generate more (slightly) traffic we will populate the link in our bulletin board and wiki and hope the other pirate parties around the planet will do so, too.

To inform about the current porgress in Germany:

Someone kindly registered a domain and the honey some catched some flies (50-60), who know discuss actively in a bulletin board. Although there was much activity regarding the foundation progress of the party and some content has already developed (interim party program, charter) and the core targets are very clear, it is only two hours ago that we finished a first meeting. We set up a properly elected task force, wich know concentrates on rapidly finishing the foundation process.

According to our current schedule the party will be created officially one or two weeks before the election in sweden. This will mark the point we start to alert the German media intensively about ongoing novel process in europe (especially Sweden) and try to gain a broad support (recognized by law). Wich means to search for party members and collecting signs.

Unfortunately the upcoming German elections are not laid out that well for us, as - except some Landtag elections (local federal instance) - the interesting elections are happening in 2009. For us that means that we are concentrating on activism rather election campaigns in the first time. But let us see that as a long preparation time by chance ;-)

We will keep you up to date about our progress in this forum, but invide you also to join our BB at

http://www.piratenpartei.de (main page, very empty except some links & notes about BB & wiki)

http://forum.piratenpartei.de (forum in german, with an international subboard)

One word to the wiki: it is in a terrible state but today a became responsible for it and hopefully it will look more promising in a few days.

One word from me to the swedisch pirate party: I am proud to see this happen. You have to be great guys. I hope we can share some mugs beer in the near future.

Regards,

Jan Huwald (member of the German pirate party foundation task force (this is no official title ;-))

SM5POR
2006-07-09, 23:05
jh (2006-Jul-09)According to our current schedule the party will be created officially one or two weeks before the election in sweden. This will mark the point we start to alert the German media intensively about ongoing novel process in europe (especially Sweden) and try to gain a broad support (recognized by law). Wich means to search for party members and collecting signs.

Looks like careful planning, but what does "official creation" imply with respect to a political party in Germany? Do you have to file for registration with some authority, or are you merely talking about issuing a press release? Can you accept new members also before the party is officially launched?

The Swedish Pirate Party only had to register with the Election Authority (http://www.val.se/) (corresponding to your Bundeswahlleiter (http://www.bundeswahlleiter.de/), I believe) in February to gain official protection of its name, "Piratpartiet", and prevent others from issuing ballots under that name. This registration is not mandatory, but highly recommended. Also, candidates for this year's election had to be nominated and registered in April. Beyond that, the party does not have to perform any formal manoeuvres in order to participate in the election. There are hardly any laws in Sweden regulating the formation of non-profit organizations in general, and political parties constitute a mere subset of those.

Unfortunately the upcoming German elections are not laid out that well for us, as - except some Landtag elections (local federal instance) - the interesting elections are happening in 2009. For us that means that we are concentrating on activism rather election campaigns in the first time. But let us see that as a long preparation time by chance ;-)

By "interesting elections", are you referring to the election to the European Parliament, or do you have some other elections taking place in Germany in 2009? If the latter, when and where will they happen?

I would suggest that you make an effort to gain more members as soon as possible, and show publicly what your membership count is; see membership statistics for the Swedish Pirate Party (http://www2.piratpartiet.se/partiet/medlemsstatistik) for an example of how it can be presented. In this way, you and others can tell how successful you are in making yourself heard, and you may get instant feedback on news and public events also from supporters who won't bother to get involved in your forum discussions.

You may not know in advance when something will happen that instantly triples your membership count, as happened in Sweden on May 31. After such an event, it will be too late to begin gathering statistics, just as the measurements of radioactive pollution in the environment that began in Sweden after the 1986 Chernobyl disaster came too late to indicate what the levels had been before.

http://www.piratenpartei.de (main page, very empty except some links & notes about BB & wiki)

It would be a good idea to provide a more attractive page, even if just a temporary one until your party has been officially launched and you decide to redo everything. I took a quick look at your forum and wiki; they do exist and don't deserve being hidden behind such an empty page. :cool:

One word to the wiki: it is in a terrible state but today a became responsible for it and hopefully it will look more promising in a few days.

Maybe so, but in my opinion the front page wrapping is more important, as many visitors will not bother to even look at your wiki or forum after such a first impression.

Moroquen
2006-07-10, 01:20
Hi,

I"m one of "members" of the german group organizing the foundation of a pirate party. I really appreciate the great work you are doing in sweden and am still impressed by your astounding success!

Looks like careful planning, but what does "official creation" imply with respect to a political party in Germany? Do you have to file for registration with some authority, or are you merely talking about issuing a press release? Can you accept new members also before the party is officially launched?

Yes, there a quite a few laws concerning political parties. The Bundeswahlleiter denies about half of the proposed parties (mostly due to formal errors I believe). None of us has founded a party yet, so we have to do some law investigation to get everything right.

By "interesting elections", are you referring to the election to the European Parliament, or do you have some other elections taking place in Germany in 2009? If the latter, when and where will they happen?

Not only the European Parliament, but also the Bundestag (german parliament) is elected in 2009 (unless the current coalition breaks before, which is quite likely this time). Additionally, many federal state parliaments (Landtage) are elected in this year. But they are of concern mostly for the topic of privacy only.

I would suggest that you make an effort to gain more members as soon as possible, and show publicly what your membership count is; see membership statistics for the Swedish Pirate Party (http://www2.piratpartiet.se/partiet/medlemsstatistik) for an example of how it can be presented. In this way, you and others can tell how successful you are in making yourself heard, and you may get instant feedback on news and public events also from supporters who won"t bother to get involved in your forum discussions.

Your online membership tool is very impressive and we plan to do something similiar. But currently we are not yet organized enough to build a membership database. Almost our complete core group has joined the discussion just 2-3 weeks ago. We are currently creating task forces. Building a decent website is one of the jobs to be done.

You may not know in advance when something will happen that instantly triples your membership count, as happened in Sweden on May 31.

We try hard to get everything in place. But Germany is very conservative about new political ideas and movements. If you establish a party that is not bullet-proof in every aspect, you will instantly get a bad reputation (and it will stick).

It would be a good idea to provide a more attractive page, even if just a temporary one until your party has been officially launched and you decide to redo everything. I took a quick look at your forum and wiki; they do exist and don"t deserve being hidden behind such an empty page. :cool:

I totally agree. We will try to get something more professional up in the next days.

Maybe so, but in my opinion the front page wrapping is more important, as many visitors will not bother to even look at your wiki or forum after such a first impression.

We don"t advertise our project actively yet. Only some posts in blogs or forums done by visitors. Nontheless, we gathered some 60 forum members in less than two weeks. This is already more than we could handle in the current state. As we are preparing a more organized infrastructure (I have upped the number of subforums from 3 to 11 this evening and assigned more moderators), we will do more adverstisement and try to be able to receive and process membership requests.

We had some questions about our party design in the forum. Is it possible to use your logo design for our party (as for example the us-american party does)?

Additionally, as you have already established a cool infrastructure including a professional website with all the tools we will need, would it be possible to get some website source code from you? This may speed up our foundation process, as it would be one thing less to worry about.

Kind Regards,

Christof Leng

SM5POR
2006-07-10, 05:01
Moroquen (2006-Jul-10)Yes, there a quite a few laws concerning political parties. The Bundeswahlleiter denies about half of the proposed parties (mostly due to formal errors I believe). None of us has founded a party yet, so we have to do some law investigation to get everything right.

As an exercise in democracy, every citizen ought to found a proper political party at least once in their lifetime, and preferrably while still in school. Most citizens won't ever need to do it for real, but most people won't ever need to rescue someone from drowning either, yet they get to learn it during swimming lessons. And a new political party may turn out to be a life-saver, too. :cool:

We had some questions about our party design in the forum. Is it possible to use your logo design for our party (as for example the us-american party does)?

As a non-member, I don't speak for the Swedish Pirate Party, but according to the international section (http://www2.piratpartiet.se/international/) of their website: Yes, you are free to use the Black Sail logotype for the Pirate Party in your own country. Most do.

Additionally, as you have already established a cool infrastructure including a professional website with all the tools we will need, would it be possible to get some website source code from you? This may speed up our foundation process, as it would be one thing less to worry about.

I'm not familiar with the website internals myself, but I have left a hint about your question in another part of this forum, hoping to get someone to answer it.

infinite_emma
2006-07-10, 07:00
The engine used for our homepage is Drupal (http://drupal.org/) and open source free software for building of websites. The layout is created by one of the members, but if you want to get something up quickly there are ready-made skins to choose from on Drupal's site!

And yeah - anything you see that is of use for you, feel free to grab it! :) You can find a variety of fileformats in regards of the logo here (http://www.p2punite.org/p/index.htm) to get you started!

Richie
2006-07-10, 15:49
Moroquen (2006-Jul-10)Additionally, as you have already established a cool infrastructure including a professional website with all the tools we will need, would it be possible to get some website source code from you? This may speed up our foundation process, as it would be one thing less to worry about.

Whatever you need/want/require, we'd be happy to provide you with. For starters, the Drupal theme, perhaps? Mail me at rickard.olsson@piratpartiet.se. We're using standard Drupal modules, both built-in and 3rd party with a few flexinodes thrown in for good measure.

Moroquen
2006-07-10, 18:49
Thanks a lot for your support! I've informed our website design group of your offers. One of them will contact you.

Cheers,

Christof

USAIntern
2006-07-11, 05:11
Hi there.

I am the one Moroqueen is speaking about (Webdesign, setting up the homepage). I invited you to my Skype account (jomilit60), please akzept me. I am currently in the US, trying to get contact to them too. So take my time -7 hours.

I am available from around 1cet to 4 cet in the week and from around 15cet to 3cet in the morning.

What I need is a Server setup and all your systems you use. I want to mail that to cweiske, our Server- Admin. After he took care about the system basis, I need your sourcecode and a how to to start the site .

I asked for help to translate your topics/ texts for filling the website with content.

You are also invited to be part of our IRC chat at sunday. In my opinion a voicechat is more efficient. But then we don't have a log. This log we want to publish to be sure to have transparencie. So tell me your opinion, It will be great to start a international website/ movement on Sunday. I can give also support for that.

In my opinion only a international movement is in the long- term the best thing. I know, you are busiy for the fact that your elections will be in the near future. But please think of the reaction of the world if you are successfull!

I am very proud to be part of the movement and I'm with passion in it. So lets start the international movement this weekend.

For your flag. Please choose new colours for it, the international flag should be your current one. A flag with your colours is more efficient in my opinion. Just a thought, sorry if I said something wrong. Just my opinion.

Mkay, hope to hear you tomorow.

With kind regards, USAIntern.

Richie
2006-07-11, 10:59
Humble beginnings: http://www2.piratpartiet.se/international/website_starter_kit

USAIntern
2006-07-12, 04:06
Hi there

I received a answer from emma yesterday. I know you are busiy, but who is Rickard Olsson? The nick of your leader? I don't think so for the fact that his image and website are not compatibel to the face of your leader.

By the way, I love his speach for your demonstration. If anybody can hear me in Germany (I will post the Link), start translate this outstanding piece of work as soon as possible!

So far, I started to gather knowledge about the basis programm knowledge of your homepage, at the end of the week I will know more about it.

Just for the records, I have contact to the french pirateparty. He is a member of the company I am working in.

With kind regards, USAintern.

infinite_emma
2006-07-12, 07:01
Rickard Olsson is richie, the guy posting above your post. We got, for some strange reason, a lot of Richards in the party, lol! The link in richie's post, leads you to a page where you can download stuff that is usable for creating a website! :)

Richie has together with yet ANOTHER Rickard (Grankvist) been the guy responsible for setting up and maintaining the site. Basically Rickard Falkwinge (the partyleader) can't do everything himself! And no, one does not have to be named Rickard in order to be qualified to help out! :D

laws of tradition
2006-07-12, 22:36
To confuse things further, both Rickard Olsson and I are webmasters for Piratpartiet, and we're both called Rickard. I'm the guy hanging out in your forum. (Internationl Coordination)

USAIntern
2006-07-13, 03:53
Hi there.

To all the Rickards. Thank you.

Ok, now I know who is writing. Sorry, as I wrote in the german blog my onlinetimes are not made for long conversations in CET time. At the weekend that will change.

Sorry for asking to change your Logo. I am not in the position to ask you that. But for a worldwide movement it makes sense to me that every country has their own color in the flag and international everything is like your Logo right now. For now, tell me your opinion. Maybe you have the right (not copy-, more idealistic) to keep your flag.

Sorry for beeing sometimes rude. I am a german guy, we are like that. And I am even more like that. Also I am still young and not experienced enough, but I am very fast and can make things going and done. Also I can manage many things and I am learning fast.

For international actions, what about wait till we have success all over Europe and maybe in the US? But when I hear how difficult it is to establish a third party in the US (the green party here has many difficulties getting in the elections) I see that will take time.

For now, I hope we can talk to each other at the weekend. I will try to read me into your System till then.

Ok, see ya all in a while, USAIntern.

jh
2006-07-13, 16:53
I do not think that an international movement, like the pirates, wich breaks down borders for free flow of information, should not refer to something limited, like the concept of nations. It is enough to care for their existance, but we should avoid using the nationalims engine.

USAIntern (2006-Jul-13)Sorry for beeing sometimes rude. I am a german guy, we are like that.

Hey ! I am German. And I am very soft and empathetic. Prejudice is a result of underinformation. Freeing information means reducing this lack of common knowledge.

USAIntern
2006-07-14, 04:16
Hi there.

@jh.

I don't want to establish or hype a picture of germans, I want establish a picture of me. If you are not like that, you are how you are. My comment was only for an easy understanding of myself. Things like beeing strict, to the point or punctual is like I behave. This is not for giving a generall opinion about germans. We need some direct conversation about that, feel free to call me.

@Sweden.

I posted a thread to our blog for supporting each other:

http://forum.piratenpartei.de/viewtopic.php?p=919#919

which is for exchanging information. Rikkard, both of you have more knowledge like me.

Is this another step in exchanging knowledge for free?

Ok, see ya at the weekend.

With kind regards, USAIntern.

SM5POR
2006-09-13, 04:19
While we have been busy preparing for the election in Sweden next Sunday, the Pirate Party of Germany (http://piratenpartei.de/) has been formally constituted at an event in Berlin on September 10 (http://www.piratenpartei-deutschland.de/index.php?id=55).