handdator

Visa fullständig version : greetings from israel

2006-09-04, 00:14
hello from israel.(and i might register later :P)

i'd like to make a small point.

but first, let me say something about myself. it shows the sharp contrast between the two sides of the argument. black and white, neither good or bad.

i'm 19 years old. i have recently finished school and started working to help my mother clear debts. i have been downloading nearly everything you might want to have from the internet. i have hundreds of albums that i have never paied for. and 3 that i have paid for(i feel it is my duty as a fan of some bands to invest some minimal amount of money in them).

if it wasn't for file sharing, i wouldn't have been exposed to 1/20 of what i have been exposed to. i wouldn't have been inspired to pick 3 different instruments and the list goes on(but the details are unimportant)

so of course, there is a benefit for file sharing and free information. i for one am gareful for it.

but at the same time, it seems that people have gotten then idea that

Paying for what you get is wrong because you can do it for free without being caught!

now this sentence is loaded. but honestly, as someone who is doing these things, i have to say that it hurts my conscience a bit. the movies that you all love so much, the music that touches you so much. don't you want to pay tribute to it? and i don't mean achnge your wallpaper. i mean give them what they deserve.

i for one feel that i am stealing bread, in a metaphorical way. my mind is hungry for knoledge and i am stealing to sattisfy that need.

now all of these issues you deal with are far away from the average israeli's mind, since file sharing here is more common and accepted here than probably anywhere in the world.

but you know what? one of these 3 CD's i've bought is by an israeli band who isn't my favourite. but israeli artists get so hurt by file sharing that i felt i had to pay some tribute to it. to say "i might be poor, but i'm trying to do my part as well."

nearly all israeli bands have a short life spend and nearly all musicians need a second job.

to be honest, i don't know if i truly support your cause, because after all, teh rules are there for a jusified reason.

i WOULD vote for you if i was in the right place, because the balance is truly not there. but not in hopes taht you'd succeed in all of your goals. rather that you'd tip the balance back.

and of course the true reason i would vote for you is this: who wouldn't want a PIRATE party in his goverment? would make sweden the coolest nation on earth ;)

Nicklas W Bjurman
2006-09-04, 00:33
Most creative workers can not sustain themselves on their art alone in any part of the world...

As you seem to know we don't want to harm the artists themselves, just protect our right to the culture that is produced by rebalancing the copyright laws. Sweden has the densest computer concetrtaion per capita in the world if I recall correct and the debate on this really important and grand issue is taking place here in Sweden because of the openmindedness.

If you feel interested in a Pirat party in Israel, why not start one? pp-international.net might interest you.

Infol
2006-09-04, 01:34
would make sweden the coolest nation on earth [Wink]

It would, wouldn't it...

First of all, welcome to the forum. This is a place where a lot of people (be it members of PP or others with opinions - both in favor and against) discuss PP's political agenda. Unfortunately (for you, at least) the majority of what is discussed is not translated into English (nor Hebrew nor Arabic) yet, but if you were able to read Swedish, you would find that the topics you bring up are in fact discussed to quite some extent in the forum.

As within all political parties/organisations, opinions differ on the issues, and what is important for some might be less important for others, and vice versa - this is also true in PP although we only focus on three (3) issues... :hehe: (privacy, copyright and patent laws).

but at the same time, it seems that people have gotten then idea that

Paying for what you get is wrong because you can do it for free without being caught!

Your statement touches on two (2) of the issues in PP's agenda, namely privacy and copyright in the case of downloading music/video. There are certainly members of this party who believe that they should be able to download everthing they want freely, whereas others, myself included, gladly (would) pay for songs/movies downloaded off the internet.

As I see it however, the industry is caught in a backwater playing catch-up with today's technology. As we in Sweden have quite nice communications systems (where, even in the dark forests up north people have 2-8Mbit internet connections, and ISPs in cities all over the country offer speeds up to 100Mbit for a pretty low monthly fee) it has simply become more convenient to download a song than to get in your car and drive to the local record/video store and buy the CD/DVD. (Also, the available selection is so much greater on the Internet.) ;)

The available legal ways to download music/video that the music industry now try to implement also suffer from issues that make them less attractive (mainly cost - why should we pay €1/song, i.e. €14-18 for a full CD if we rid the seller of having to provide us with a physical product and it's associated costs as shipping, storage, production, etc. - and DRM)??

What scares me though (and which also is related to your statement), in fact the single factor that made me decide to join and vote for PP, is the privacy issue. The Swedish government is in the process of implementing and passing laws to invade the privacy of every individual of this country, mainly because of the lobbying of certain 3- and 4-letter acronym organisations (e.g. RIAA, MPAA, STIM). I won't go into detail here (as I feel this response got far too long already), but basically all electronic communication should somehow be monitored so the government can crack down on file-sharing. Well, terrorism is actually what they state in response as to why this monitoring is needed - but one would assume that most terrorists would use some secure way of communicating (maybe IRL) as they otherwise would have been caught already.

However, creating a new STASI or NKVD would not

make sweden the coolest nation on earth

2006-09-04, 01:50
Anonymous (2006-Sep-04)hello from israel.(and i might register later :P)

would make sweden the coolest nation on earth ;)

Sweden is the coolest nation on earth already! :cool: Unfortunately in more ways than one... :D

Adrian Wainer
2009-06-29, 18:58
Nicklas W Bjurman (2006-Sep-04)Most creative workers can not sustain themselves on their art alone in any part of the world...

As you seem to know we don't want to harm the artists themselves, just protect our right to the culture that is produced by rebalancing the copyright laws. Sweden has the densest computer concetrtaion per capita in the world if I recall correct and the debate on this really important and grand issue is taking place here in Sweden because of the openmindedness.

If you feel interested in a Pirat party in Israel, why not start one? pp-international.net might interest you.

Hi, my treatment at the hands of the Irish Pirate Party has made me suspicious of your organization. I do not as know yet whether it is a specific problem of the Irish Pirate Party or it is an endemic one which afflicts all your Pirate Parties in all countries, or some other situation. All I can say at the moment, is that the Irish Pirate Party is either utterly incompetent or has no regard for free speech whatsoever. I do not advocate an absolute right of free speech but seeking to make a politician look ridiculous, who is about to introduce legislation that will threaten people who say, "I am not sure it is a good idea to throw homosexuals off mountains", with a hundred thousand euro fine because it may offend some Muslims who believe it is legitimate to throw homosexuals off mountains, is not in my opinion an abuse of free speech, but apparently will not be tolerated by the Irish Pirate Party. The Irish Pirate Party does not seem to me to be like pirates more like another bunch of anti-liberal, anti-democratic, politically correct do-gooders and there most certainly is no shortage of that type of political specimen in European politics, so why one would need more of that type of thing, I don't know.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2009/0505/1224245943373.html

Best and Warm Regards

Adrian Wainer

IceCrystal
2009-07-14, 21:56
Hello Anonymous! Erev tov!

Your point about supporting creativity is a most valid one, and I'm sure a lot of Israeli and foreign artists would truly appreciate it if you bought all their music instead of downloading it for free :D

LIGIZT
2009-07-15, 09:51
To be honest I,d didnt have the strenght to read all of your shit.

Mossad is an Israeli malwere whos trying to kill all palestinians.

ISRAEL is NOT "the country of god"

The EU is not either btw. I am god!! Worship me you mothafucka :cool: