handdator

Visa fullständig version : Good luck for the upcoming elections

pululante
2006-09-16, 01:31
Whether you win representatives or not, you have started a worldwide movement that will only increase on time.

So you have already reached success.

Good luck!!!

Ken Rabelius
2006-09-16, 17:46
<DIV>pululante (2006-Sep-16)Whether you win representatives or not, you have started a worldwide movement that will only increase on time.

So you have already reached success.

Good luck!!!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>thanks, i also wish all other pirate movements all over the glob e best of luck, and also encurage more countries to start their own pirat movement! :w00t:</DIV>

2006-09-18, 00:46
according to http://www.sr.se/ , pirate party has not won any seats. Its a shame; if you had, youd be the deciding vote in the parliament, given how incredibly close these ellections were. I hope results will soon enough be shown to see how close the pirate party was to its goal.

But, it doesnt matter ; this movement is still in its infancy and theres so much to do anyways. In a wery short time, youve made a huge media success, turned the copyright debate on its head in the media, and if Im not mistaken, even influenced the policy of green, left and partly even of the now-ruling moderate party?

Plz keep up the good work; its possiblity of political movements like this in at least some countries of the world that gives me inspiration and hope when faced with provicial political mud of my balkan homeland...

TheBaldingOne
2006-09-18, 06:26
I agree, it is a shame. However, it is not a setback... With the International Movement growing as it continues to do, and with most copyright legislation being Europe-wide perhaps sights would be better set on Brussels?

SM5POR
2006-09-18, 09:38
While there will be no new party in parliament in this year's election, the campaign of the Pirate Party has not been a failure. We don't have the final results yet, but judging from the SVT exit poll (which gave 4,7 percent to "others") and the election night results (where "others" received 5,7 percent), I believe the Pirate Party stands a good chance of having received more than 1 percent of the votes nationwide, which means that the voting ballots for this year as well as the next two parliamentary elections (in 2010 and 2014) will be paid by the state.

As I'm writing this comment, the Election Authority has begun presenting the results of the final vote count (http://www.val.se/val/val2006/slutlig/R/rike/roster.html) as it progresses at the county administrative boards (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/County_Administrative_Boards_of_Sweden) throughout Sweden. While there will not be a separate graphical bar for the Pirate Party here either, the composition of the "ÖVR" bar (other parties) will be further detailed under the tab labelled "Övriga" (http://www.val.se/val/val2006/slutlig/R/rike/ovriga.html).

With only 3 out of 6,177 districts counted, "Piratpartiet" already turns up as one of eight minor parties found so far. We need to see a lot more districts before we can pay any attention to the number of votes recieved, and also consider what districts are being counted (look under "Riksdagsvalkretsar (http://www.val.se/val/val2006/slutlig/R/rike/delar.html)" to find out where they are). We know already that the major contender of the minor parties, Sverigedemokraterna, has made significant gains in the southern province (or county) of Skåne; probably elsewhere too. Other minor parties to look out for are Junilistan, Feministiskt initiativ, and Sjukvårdspartiet.

It appears that SPI (Sveriges pensionärers intresseparti) has not been very successful this year, in spite of having free voting ballots due to their 1.005 percent (!) result in 1998. They will not have that benefit in 2010.

2006-09-18, 14:19
Thanks for the update. It's very difficult to interpret the results written in perfect swedish :D

One question though, why is it that yesterday there were about 5700 districts, and today there are 6177? I don't think Sweden has conquered any new territory yesterday... :P

Also, why the "other parties" results were not published yesterday?

SM5POR
2006-09-18, 14:23
With 321 districts or some 5 percent of the votes counted, the Pirate Party appears to end up below the 1-percent limit, say 0.6-0.7 percent, rather than above it. These 321 districts need not be representative for the country as a whole, as they are simply the ones counted first, and we know the numbers will change over the next 48 hours. The question is with how much, and in what direction. Clearly, reaching 1.0 percent from a seemingly stable level of 0.6 may turn out to be difficult.

2006-09-18, 14:26

Because they weren't counted at the preliminary count. They are being counted now, in the final count.

SM5POR
2006-09-18, 15:15
Anonymous (2006-Sep-18)One question though, why is it that yesterday there were about 5700 districts, and today there are 6177? I don't think Sweden has conquered any new territory yesterday... :P

Only about two thirds of the voters actually went to vote at the polling station in their own electoral district yesterday. The remaining third had already voted at pre-voting stations around the country or at embassies abroad, or themselves mailed their votes from abroad. Most of these votes had reached the appropriate electoral district by Sunday, and were included in the vote count on election night. You cannot tell during the vote count whether a particular ballot was cast locally on September 17, or mailed from a pre-voting station already on August 30 (the earliest day allowed for pre-voting).

However, a small number of votes (about 1-2 percent of all votes) were cast at pre-voting stations on Saturday or Sunday, or mailed from abroad just before September 14, meaning they did not arrive in time to be counted on election night. Instead, they have until September 20 to arrive, at which time they will not be assigned to the electoral district where the voter resides, because that would risk giving away the identity of a few individuals who have voted for a specific party (you can tell from the electoral roll who had their votes counted after election day only, and compare the two sets of results).

Instead, any late votes received by Wednesday will be collected in a separate ballot box for the entire municipal constituency, labelled "I vallokal ej räknade röster" if you dig down deep enough in the tables. Then these boxes are opened, the contents counted, and the results added to the rest. There are 290 municipalities in Sweden, some of which are divided into more than one municipal constituency, leading to an extra 394 "districts" being added to the final vote count.

The polling stations close at 8 pm, and the preliminary vote count that follows immediately is a traditional service to broadcast media. Since the election officers shouldn't be required to spend the entire night counting votes (and television viewers wouldn't want to wait for them anyway), the preliminary count is limited to parties expected to take seats. The election officers have pre-printed forms for tabulating and reporting the results, and if they were to write down results for various small parties not even known before election day, the whole show would be significantly delayed for very little practical gain (it doesn't matter to the formation of a new government whether the Pirate Party receives 0.5 or 1.5 percent of the votes).

Which parties to include in the preliminary vote count is a decision made before election day, based on current opinion polls, and the decision will be somewhat arbitrary anyway. Conducting a complete count of every single party on election night is simply not a practical option, so the limit has to be drawn somewhere.

TheBaldingOne
2006-09-18, 15:54
SM5POR (2006-Sep-18)While there will be no new party in parliament in this year's election, the campaign of the Pirate Party has not been a failure.

I agree totally, for a Party that has only been in existence for nine months you have done a remarkable amount of work, both within Sweden and the wider area of Europe and beyond.

pululante
2006-09-18, 16:38
@SM5POR

Thanks for your explanations. I am the anonymous who asked those questions.

In Spain we get results for all parties usually before midnight on the same day, and poll stations close at 8pm. Maybe is that in Spain we like to stay up until late at night :)