handdator

Visa fullständig version : Greetings alien visitor!

Björn Felten
2006-01-29, 14:42
I don't know how you found your way here, but I know that the search engine bots are busy chartering this site, as you probably can see if you click the Who's On link close to the right top -- there's usually at least one bot crawling around at any given time.

Or maybe you are here after an invitation in FidoNet, that not only I come from, but where the present chairman of the Piratpartiet (The Pirate Party) used to be a high profile sysop (you might remember him by his former name, Dick Augustsson).

Whatever the reason, rest assured that should you choose to enter any discussions here, every POV you might enter will be highly apreciated.

In the meantime, to give you some background to the reason for why we now have a party in Sweden, that is totally dedicated to abandoning the idea of Intellectual Property Rights, here's a link you can follow:

http://reason.com/0303/fe.dc.creation.shtml

plask
2006-01-29, 16:04
We come in peace...

Björn Felten
2006-01-29, 16:28
plask (2006-Jan-29)We come in peace...

Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated! :cool:

Björn Felten
2006-01-29, 17:48
So, you're too shy to post anything? Please don't be!

You will find five buttons top right on this message, don't hesitate to press any of them. If you haven't registered as a user here, that's perfectly OK, you should still be able to post anonymously.

We really really want your input. Are we far out in the blue here, or do you think we actually have a point?

Do you think that Britney Spears still needs the protection by governments all around the world to earn a decent living, or do you think she would be better off if she could sell her latest song to any record producer other than the one she's sold her soul to and that's deciding what money she will get?

2006-02-03, 04:58
Greetings from Croatia

Congratulations on your work and best wishes at the elections!

Irena :cool:

2006-02-07, 02:23
Men?

Värför kan jag inte längre skriva i forumet? Jag kallades för Valfrid och skulle gärna vilja svara pà vissa inlägg, men det gàr inte längre... är säker pà att jag skriver in rätt lösenord och nick. Finns inte ens kvar i registret, verkar det som... är det bara betalande medlemar som fàr skriva i forumet numera eller?

Vraid
2006-02-08, 11:56
Anonymous (2006-Feb-07)Men? Värför kan jag inte längre skriva i forumet? Jag kallades för Valfrid och skulle gärna vilja svara pà vissa inlägg, men det gàr inte längre... är säker pà att jag skriver in rätt lösenord och nick. Finns inte ens kvar i registret, verkar det som... är det bara betalande medlemar som fàr skriva i forumet numera eller?

Så kan det inte vara heller... Jag registrerade när betalning var stoppad, försökte sedan skicka ett sms från min nyligt isärplockade mobiltelefon, men det gick inte fram. Ska köpa en ny mobil snart och betala från den.

Hur som helst har jag inte betalat, och jag har inga problem.

For those who don't understand swedish, we are discussing an account problem.

vigfus
2006-02-08, 12:00
Vad sägs om ett mail till medlemsservice@piratpartiet.se? Sen var det klart... :D

2006-02-08, 19:16
Det gick bra och snabbt ändà. Tackar.

2006-06-05, 21:18
Greetings from germany!

I think if you get a place in the swedish goverment,

you set a sign for the rest of europe!

Wish you the best!!!

/schari

2006-08-14, 23:14
Would you be so kind as to Annex Tempe Arizona as well?

it could use some "liberating"

Anonymous (2006-Jun-05)Greetings from germany!

I think if you get a place in the swedish goverment,

you set a sign for the rest of europe!

Wish you the best!!!

/schari

2006-08-30, 17:18
Well...

Since you grant me freedom (here) to say what I want... here it goes.

I think you (all) fall into three possible categories:

1 - Highly misinformed people about what do the intellectual & copyright laws ACTUALLY do.

2 - Highly hypocritical 1st world people with nothing better to do.

3 - Highly naive people who should try to live and work on those universes (or industries) you are trying to reform before reforming it.

I read all your manifestoes very carefully and I'm sorry to say I found not a line that would positivelly contribute to a better world. I regret to say I found your ideas suitable of an angry teenager than of any mature person.

I live in Portugal, and I'd love to respond, line by line, to your proposals in order to show you the extreme damage you'd do to Art, Culture and Knowledge. You have absolutely no idea about the obcene amout of damage you would cause to the public you're trying to defend. You have no idea about all the issues your proposals left pending, without possible fair and just response from you.

my e-mail is paulooctavio@sapo.pt

I am a film producer (commercial), screenwriter (creative) and I also teach Film Production at a University in Lisbon, Portugal.

I'd gladly take any of you if you'd publish our written debates.

Best Regards.

Paulo.

manimani
2006-08-30, 20:18
Anonymous (2006-Aug-30)I'd love to respond, line by line, to your proposals in order to show you the extreme damage you'd do to Art, Culture and Knowledge.

I'd gladly take any of you if you'd publish our written debates.

Best Regards.

Paulo.

I say, go for it! Start a new thread, either in this forum departement, or perhaps in the Upphovsrätt (http://forum.piratpartiet.se/Forum6-1.aspx) departement (where copyright issues are discussed), where you put forward your counter arguments to our proposals. It's okay to talk in English in the Upphovsrätt forum too, I believe.

I'm sure there will be several people who have the time to answer you in detail, despite our being in the midst of the end phase of the election campaign here in Sweden.

I'm not sure if Anonymous posters can start new threads, but it's possible to get a forum account without being a party member. Or else I can start the thread for you.

We probably won't publish the discussion anywhere else than in the forum (since we frankly don't have any other organ in which to publish it). But speech is free for all in the forums, and nothing will be censored as long as it doesn't break any Swedish law. I think about three persons in total have been banned during all the time since the forum was started. Of course without any of their posts being removed. I won't go into exactly why they were banned, but my guess is that you most certainly don't belong to that category at all.

2006-08-31, 09:05
I'd love to.

It must be in English. I'm affraid my Swedish will do us no good (It was luck I even got here).

So...

Start the thread wherever you want. Call your audience. Place the subject. Let's talk. Me against whoever you want.

Let me know when all's set.

Thanks a lot.

PS. I think you are all completely wrong about all the issues you bring. BUT... I'll also let you try to convince me that I'm the one to be wrong.

I'm looking forward.

manimani
2006-08-31, 12:02
Anonymous (2006-Aug-31)I'd love to.

It must be in English. I'm affraid my Swedish will do us no good (It was luck I even got here).

So...

Start the thread wherever you want. Call your audience. Place the subject. Let's talk. Me against whoever you want.

Let me know when all's set.

As I find out, anonymous members cannot post in the Upphovsrätt forum at all. So there are two alternatives:

1) Start the thread yourself, here in Visitor's Soapbox

2) Register a forum account and start the thread yourself, either here or in Upphovsrätt (http://forum.piratpartiet.se/Forum6-1.aspx). As mentioned before, a forum user account is not the same as a party membership.

In this way you can even choose the thread title yourself.

Thanks a lot.

No problem.

PS. I think you are all completely wrong about all the issues you bring. BUT... I'll also let you try to convince me that I'm the one to be wrong.

I'm looking forward.

Great attitude! And we for our part have a wish to polish our arguments trough debate with knowledgeable people, and to find out glitches and unforeseen problems with our politics.

CinemaScope
2006-08-31, 20:26
Thanks for the information...

As you can see, now i have a nickname. CinemaScope... named after one one of the processes I love most.

I will start my new thread and I'll start the discussion, ok?

I'll give it a title nobody will miss...

Best Regards.

Paulo.

2006-10-02, 11:48
Greetings from Canada.

So I hear you guys failed to get the 1% mark. Tough break. Still, 10th is really impressive for a party that's brand new *and* condemned by most of the worlds governments, all while having your core policies be adopted by rival partiest.

Best of luck in the European Elections in 09. Hopefully you'll have as big of an impact there (getting other parties to change their platforms).

2006-10-26, 01:12
Greetings from Germany...

I don't know if I can agree with all of your ideas, but I am happy to know there is some voice and thinking on 'the other side of the table'.

For a long time we had a private world where noone's harddrive is really 'clean', and a public world that is talking about police and penalties.. Just like with smoking joints, illicit work, "saving" taxes or crossing red traffic lights, people can arrange themselves with the contradiction until one or both sides start going radical.

In the copying business, the fall of technological limits drive both sides to go into extremes.

The established governments as well as the print media would take a high risk not taking the side of the industry. The views and ideas of the 'pirates' are discussed in pubs and living rooms.

It feels good to have a political group representing the pirate point of view, so the discussion can be held in public. Sadly, an interest group with this limited number of goals does not fit into the concept of political parties (so people hesitate to vote for you). Stupid political system!

2006-12-30, 11:25
Greetings from the US! I found a link to your site in John C. Dvorak's blog, and heartily agree that reform in Intellectual Property laws (copyrights, patents) is needed worldwide. Keep up the good work, and hoping to hear of a Pirate Party in the US!

John Nilsson
2006-12-30, 15:54
Anonymous (2006-Dec-30)hoping to hear of a Pirate Party in the US!

http://www.pirate-party.us/

2009-03-27, 15:18
Bravo! Well done!

Greetings and best wishes from Greece!

Thank you for all your efforts to restore freedom of sharing!

I wish a Pirate Party also in Greece!

With respect

2009-04-03, 08:50
Canada Here.

I was interested to read your Principles and Policies.

These ideas have occurred to me as well, it was good to see them articulated in a coherent fashion.

I find that whenever these topics are brought up, even in casual company, you will always get the standard, thoughtless arguments in reply.

Piracy hurts artists and creative types. Corporations are good because they really only support retired little old ladies that buy their shares.

And it is true in some ways. Which is why it is thoughtless, because most people swallow it immediately without thinking the concept through to it's logical conclusion.

Someday, a patent will be responsible for wiping human kind from the planet.

"No, no, that could never happen" you say?

Think about it, really think, stretch yourself a bit...

If you read the Principles and Policies, it was alluded to in the section on Pharmaceuticals. Either a rogue virus or bloodthirsty capitalism will someday kill us all, or a hefty percentage of us at best (best?).

And the "Artists"?

If what they did were truly intended to be Art, they would cherish the chance to disseminate their vision, through the world, through the web.

I don't buy their argument.

Sure, everyone deserves to make a living, but when culture becomes copyrighted, EVERYONE'S life is made a little bleaker.

I don't know about you, but if it came to pass that I could never hear another piece of music without it costing me a Dollar, what would my life be like if I couldn't afford that Dollar?

What would YOUR life be like?

And even if you don't buy any of my logic so far, THINK about how you have sold your freedom bit by bit because you have been told that it is somehow good for you. I bet you believe that everything you see on the TV is real too.

If anything should be restricted, it is the power that we grant to Stupid People in Large Groups.

How about an IQ threshold for voting rights?

Maybe the Pirate Party should add that Plank to their Election Platform, hell, I'd vote for it.

My main critique of The Pirate Party is that it thinks too little of its founding concepts.

Increase freedom in all forms, reduce Government, all else will flow from that.

That is the only hope. Single Issue-Specific Parties get labeled and dismissed too easily. And in this case there would certainly be a vested interest in your marginilization (did I spell that properly?? is it even a word?? oh well).

No, I say, Go for the Big Brother theme, but do it well, give concrete examples of the petty ways that you are controlled each day. Reverse the trend. If people pigeon hole you into nothing but a pro-P2P party (even though you get the drug patent thing), an importance chance would be squandered.

Party On Dudes.

And Cheers to The Pirate Party from DROOG

I was skimming scene boards for posted IPs of ftp pubs in hex while most of you were learning what a mouse did.

Still a Pirate after all these years.

I have more to say on this topic, but it's 2:46 am and tomorrow is a work day, so I'm outta here.

not sure if I want to post contact info, but i'll check back in..

edjay
2009-04-19, 20:31
Hi Bjorn and Pirate Bay, thanks for the welcome.

AndrewRybenkov
2009-06-08, 10:00
Hi,

and congratulations with the elections!

I registered as a member, now I want to create a new topic in the "Ideology and Politics".

But I do not see proper button. Unfortunately I do not know Swedish.

So how can I? (It's rather important topic)

Andrew Rybenkov

-----

(Russia In The Shadows)

2009-06-08, 11:58
Greetings from Catalunya, and congratulations for such a big accomplishment!

You are our voice no matter the number of borders (or hops) between us!

2009-06-08, 15:24
Greetings from Florida, US and congratulations for such a big accomplishment at the European election!

I did found you guys today and read your Pirate party goals and agree. I will watch your progress and may get involved.

Kaysow
2009-06-08, 15:31
Anonymous (2009-Jun-08)Greetings from Catalunya, and congratulations for such a big accomplishment!

You are our voice no matter the number of borders (or hops) between us!

I hear España have much better laws stipulating copyrights so cheers to that :D Barcelona is a great city btw, Stockholm just lies flat on the water, yours is much more beautiful.

2009-06-08, 15:33
a great day, a great victory!!!

Pirat Partiet goes Strasbourg. It is an exellent news for the whole Europe.

Best wishes from Italy (currently under fascist occupation)

2009-06-08, 23:41
Congratulation From Turkey...

We watched your big victory in election of EU Parlement.

We send our deep respect to your movement.

Ali

2009-06-09, 06:09
Congratulations on the election result. At least one country seems to Have elected sensible people.

danjoe
2009-06-12, 08:02
Greetings and Congratulations from Romania!

I registered as a member on this forum but I'd like to know if Romanians inside the country made any initiative to make a branch of PiratPartiet?

I wanna join in!

Free the Web!

yours,

danjoe

Ola Nyström
2009-06-12, 09:21
There is a romanian pirate party forming, see their website at http://www.partidulpiratilor.ro/

2009-07-05, 16:19
Hi. I am now a Swede, with personnummer etc, but only speak English now, am waiting for SFI course. Why can I not join the Party in Sweden?

Henry Rouhivuori
2009-07-05, 17:00
Anonymous (2009-Jul-05)Hi. I am now a Swede, with personnummer etc, but only speak English now, am waiting for SFI course. Why can I not join the Party in Sweden?

Har du testat? Du måste bo någonstans.

iridesce
2009-07-16, 20:37
Greetings from the Pacific Northwest corner of the United States of America,

Quick question - What is the " Bli Guldpirat! " section of the http://www.piratpartiet.se/international/english webpage about?

Tack själv

Enjoy

mobboffer
2009-07-16, 21:41
iridesce (2009-Jul-16)Greetings from the Pacific Northwest corner of the United States of America,

Quick question - What is the " Bli Guldpirat! " section of the http://www.piratpartiet.se/international/english webpage about?

Hi,

If you donate 100 SEK / month you become a gold pirate. There's some information in english on the donate page (http://www.piratpartiet.se/donate).

dave-hulmanoid
2009-07-23, 00:52
I'm proud to say that the hulmanoids have always believed in free music (since 1987 !)... you can get one of our albums here, gratis http://www.archive.org/details/hulmanoids ... and here are some vids - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hulmanoids&search_type=&aq=f

We'll upload more when we get the website up again ...

In the meantime, congratulations on leading the way ... you've made us all proud ... long may your ship sail ...

2009-08-06, 01:34
Corporations bite the little guy too often.

Good for you, and keep championing the cause!

- Canada

dani121
2009-09-16, 14:39
Hi.

I would say 'from England' or something like that, but I have no home.

I was an expat kid, so I was born in South Africa, lived in China, lived in Japan and now starting uni in England.

Living overseas screws me over often.

I lived in China for 8 years, where they periodically banned Google, facebook and other websites.

They listened in on your phone conversations, and you could HEAR THEM BREATHING.

There was no such thing as privacy there.

It was in Japan that I started noticing how unfair copyright laws are for people outside of certain countries, especially America.

I enjoy TV programs, particularly ones in English.

They have them on TV in Japan, but often years after they are aired in America or England.

I wanted the latest episodes.

Then American networks started showing full episodes of their shows on their websites -- FOR FREE.

Except, only in America.

This means everyone in the US can watch the latest episode for free, but I have to pay for every episode I want to watch?

Is this fair?

All because the networks want to sell the rights for millions of dollars to local networks, meaning I then have to wait for the episodes while my friends in the US are talking about the latest thing.

As for music, I love hearing new stuff, but I cannot afford to buy everything.

I think it would be more beneficial for musicians to either decrease the price of their songs or make them free, therefore gaining a wider audience and more potential concert goers and merchandise purchasers.

Is there really no logic in that?

Anyway, much love for you guys. And if you're wondering, I found you through a book called "Little Brother" by Cory Doctorow, which I'm reading as I spend the rest of my holiday volunteering in a kids' library. ;)

speleman
2009-09-19, 20:51
I don't really know how I got here, I was looking for pirate bay (a joke). Being Swedish born, I obviously have an inerest in what goes on in the old country. From what I can tell, Pirate Party's vision seem to be in the right direction, a few kinks in the manifest but mostly very good.

An x-POTUS once said "We are NOT in the business of nation building!"

Update: As an alien who just registered on the site; does that make me a registered alien here as well?

2009-09-26, 13:13
Hello,

my name is Bruno, I'm an anthropology student in Brazil at the University of São Paulo and I have this research project about studying the online sharing of cultural products, and the organization of communities around this as a common interest. The Pirate Party is, of course, of great interest as a main subject of this study and I'm looking for anyone directly engaged in the activities of the Party basically to have an interview session and to be introduced to the daily activities, how people are envolved and what´s the network of relations supporting the Pirate Party. It' s actually quite simple what I'm looking for, nothing more but a chat with someone that' s into this, just to get acquainted, since this is just a preliminary phase of my research.

Ah, a very important detail: I´m in Göteborg right now, I´ll be here for a few more days and then go to Stockholm. So I was wondering if someone out there, living in either of those cities, who's an activist, would like to meet me to have a chat.

Overall, I'm very fond of the party' s ideals and very curious about it, so I'd be happy if I could take this opportunity of being in Sweden - where the whole thing began - to get to know it!

So, anyone who'd like to get in touch with me, you can reach me at my e-mail: xmeiou@gmail.com

Tack så mycket for your attention!

Bruno

2009-10-09, 21:15
Hi Peeps,

William from Holland here,

Good luck with this party, i think it might change the face of europe in the end.

High Regards and Respect

/W

2009-10-20, 13:20
Hälsningar från Polen!

Greetings from Poland!

Powodzenia,

Cosi

2009-11-24, 00:00
I believe in the Pirate Party. Freedom for all.

Luigi
2011-09-15, 16:24
Greetings!

I am the newest Pirate Party member -- and a gold one already. I have just set up a monthly payment to the party. Anyway, my name is Luigi and, as you may have noticed, I am not a Swedish speaker. In fact I have arrived here quite recently, in 2009.

I am an Italian citizen born in Brazil and I have ended up in Sweden because my wife is a Swede, more specifically from Lund, where she was born. Our two daughters, one of them born in London, are Swedish citizens too. Since my whole family is Swedish, I'm planning to settle down here. That is why I decided to become politically active. I see it as my contribution to my new country.

Today I work at Sony Ericsson, study Swedish at Folkuniversitetet and try to understand the local customs, mentality and political background. Last week I found Rick Falkvinge's website and read almost all articles. It is a fascinating source of information and, let's say, political wisdom. I always considered myself a libertarian, but I have never given a second thought about copyright monopoly. Privacy and freedom of expression are also very important to me. So when I found the Pirate Party -- and read its manifesto -- I knew I should join it. Here I am.

I live in Lund and I plan to join future meetings. I speak fluently English, Portuguese, a bit of Spanish and... No, I do not speak Italian. If you need any kind of help with those languages I can happily assist. I have more than 10 years of experience as a copywriter, which could be of interest. Unfortunately not in Swedish (who knows, maybe in the not so distant future).

Well, that is it for now. It is nice to be here.

PS. I am planning to become a Swedish citizen next year -- even though I already have two citizenships. I am an internationalist at heart.

duke_h3
2011-09-15, 20:04
Greetings!

I am the newest Pirate Party member -- and a gold one already. I have just set up a monthly payment to the party. Anyway, my name is Luigi and, as you may have noticed, I am not a Swedish speaker. In fact I have arrived here quite recently, in 2009.

I am an Italian citizen born in Brazil and I have ended up in Sweden because my wife is a Swede, more specifically from Lund, where she was born. Our two daughters, one of them born in London, are Swedish citizens too. Since my whole family is Swedish, I'm planning to settle down here. That is why I decided to become politically active. I see it as my contribution to my new country.

Today I work at Sony Ericsson, study Swedish at Folkuniversitetet and try to understand the local customs, mentality and political background. Last week I found Rick Falkvinge's website and read almost all articles. It is a fascinating source of information and, let's say, political wisdom. I always considered myself a libertarian, but I have never given a second thought about copyright monopoly. Privacy and freedom of expression are also very important to me. So when I found the Pirate Party -- and read its manifesto -- I knew I should join it. Here I am.

I live in Lund and I plan to join future meetings. I speak fluently English, Portuguese, a bit of Spanish and... No, I do not speak Italian. If you need any kind of help with those languages I can happily assist. I have more than 10 years of experience as a copywriter, which could be of interest. Unfortunately not in Swedish (who knows, maybe in the not so distant future).

Well, that is it for now. It is nice to be here.

PS. I am planning to become a Swedish citizen next year -- even though I already have two citizenships. I am an internationalist at heart.

Hi the best tip is to come at the PirateParty coffee meetings that happen every week on Sunday in Lund. They are at 11:00 at Winstrupsgatan 1.

Luigi
2011-09-16, 23:09
Hi the best tip is to come at the PirateParty coffee meetings that happen every week on Sunday in Lund. They are at 11:00 at Winstrupsgatan 1.

Good idea. I am planning to come and visit, not this weekend though, but in the next one.