handdator

Visa fullständig version : Pirate party in Milan, Italy *"elegy of piracy" book presentation on 17th february*

cantiere
2006-02-09, 13:13
Hi all, we are a big group of young people from Milan Italy that during the last years organized debates, seminars and practice initiatives(called "copyriot") to explain to people why copyright laws are so bad and why we need a change. We completely agree with your views and even if we don't call us "pirate party" we are working exactly on the same aims, so in practice we are a pirate party, because WE ARE PIRATES :) We want to join your project of unify the battle all over the world to have a stronger influence on the governments laws and on the companies who controls copyright, and illegitimate own our freedom and culture.

We have organized a meeting in Milan on *17th february* for the presentation of a book named "elegy of piracy" (elogio della pirateria) with the author Carlo Gubitosa and the Senator Fiorello Cortiana from the italian green party, the only politician in Italy that fully share our views against copyright laws and patents and wants to support us.

We would be very pleased and proud if one or some of you from the Swedish pirate party could came here in Milan on that day, to speak about your local experience and to share with us ideas about how to support each other in organizing the global revolt against the oligopolies of this world.

We're sure you would be interested

Regards

Pirates of CANTIERE, Milan

COPYRIOT NOW

Björn Felten
2006-02-09, 15:09
cantiere (2006-Feb-09) We would be very pleased and proud if one or some of you from the Swedish pirate party could came here in Milan on that day, to speak about your local experience and to share with us ideas about how to support each other in organizing the global revolt against the oligopolies of this world.

Nothing would please us more! Unfortunately I think we all are too busy, handling all the bureaucratic stuff associated with starting a new party at the moment, to be able to appear in person in Milan.

But I'm sure that, if you could set up a big screen TV, we could manage a video conference over Skype. At least the entire board of the Pirate Party can be contacted on "normal" voice Skype (my Skype handle is 'bfelten'), so if you get no video, we could always arrange voice contact.

Given some time to investigate, we might even be able to get a couple of representatives that can speak Italian, something that I guess would simplify matter somewhat? :cool:

nino
2006-02-10, 11:32
And if you want to speak about idees and stuff, you can contact me to, on the skype ID, fp_consulting. I'll be gladly to speak with you. :)

Björn Felten
2006-02-10, 14:48
nino (2006-Feb-10) And if you want to speak about idees and stuff, you can contact me to, on the skype ID, fp_consulting. I'll be gladly to speak with you. :)

You don't happen to speak Italian, do you? Your name sounds kinda Italian, at least to an ignorant Swede like me. :P

nino
2006-02-10, 15:48
Björn, sorry i dont speak italian, but i speak, swedish, norwaigen, Serbian, Russian and English. But not italian. :(

Björn Felten
2006-02-10, 16:42
nino (2006-Feb-10)Björn, sorry i dont speak italian, but i speak, swedish, norwaigen, Serbian, Russian and English. But not italian. :(

Only five languages? Jeezz... What's the matter with today's young generation? :P

nino
2006-02-10, 16:56
WTF, isent that enought?

Björn Felten
2006-02-10, 17:39
Hugi (2006-Feb-10) I believe he was joking Nino ;)

Of course I was! Sorry Nino if that wasn't obvious.

If ever you talk to e.g. a USAian, that ususally knows only one language, you might understand how impressive it is when someone can handle not only two, three or four, but even five different languages.

Vraid
2006-02-10, 22:49
Though i don't think anyone will be able to go to Milano with only one weeks notice, i do wish you the best luck with your meeting. Hopefully an audio or video conversation over the internet can be arranged, but i think it would have to be in english since not that many here know italian. The italian i know wouldn't be good for more than travelling :P

I also hope we can cooperate in the future, it's really nice to hear from foreigners who share our views!

2006-02-11, 14:37
You should all cooperate in the 2009 European parliamentary elections. If you can get your voices heard at the centre of European politics, then perhaps one day Europe may be liberated from the culture-imperialistic policies maintained by companies.

John Nilsson
2006-02-11, 15:15
Anonymous (2006-Feb-11)You should all cooperate in the 2009 European parliamentary elections.

You? We(!) should all cooperate.

nino
2006-02-11, 18:30
And i say so to!

2006-02-15, 13:38
Sorry if I haven't answered on the thread for so much time

Today we will meet to talk about last organizative issues for the meeting on friday evening.

I'm going to add Bjorn and nino skype contacts and it's possible that we're going to call you to make some "technical tests" during this afternoon and evening.

We planned to arrange simultaneous translation so there is no need for people of you that speaks italian even if it will be very appreciated.

So can you confirm that on friday evening we can arrange the audio/video conference?

The meeting will start on 6 PM

cantiere
2006-02-15, 13:43
Sorry, forget to log in

Björn Felten
2006-02-15, 16:03
Anonymous (2006-Feb-15) So can you confirm that on friday evening we can arrange the audio/video conference?

At least I will be looking forward to your calls! Sorry that I don't have a web cam available, but I do great voice. :cool:

Vraid
2006-02-15, 22:04
Is it possible for me to listen to your meeting? If so, it would be very interesting :)

Richard Ainz
2006-02-16, 08:02
Add Spanish, Danish, some German, some French and some Croatian to that list.

However:

Knowing swedish disqualifies danish and norwegian as "merit" and knowing russian/serbian/croatian disqualifies many of the other eastern european languages as "merit", aside from the cyrillic alphabet in russian and serbian of course.

I have many polish/croatioan/bosnian/serbian friends and they can all talk to eachother with little or no problems.

Björn Felten
2006-02-16, 13:41
Vraid (2006-Feb-15)Is it possible for me to listen to your meeting? If so, it would be very interesting :)

Ping me on Skype so I can add you to my contact list. If there's a free slot (Skype only allows five I think?) we can add you to the call.

2006-03-11, 05:15
Well if you have a dual core processor you can have 10. Officially it only works but its a crack out there so it works with AMD.

Björn Felten
2006-03-11, 18:22
Anonymous (2006-Mar-11)Well if you have a dual core processor you can have 10. Officially it only works but its a crack out there so it works with AMD.

By the time I wrote that, the crack was not available. And, furthermore, it seems the crach has some flaws. I installed it and, as a result, found my Skype being cancelled within less than 24 hours every time I started it. I'm back to the original 5-party version at the moment.