Piratpartiets mötesplattform

Svara

Ämnesverktyg Sök i det här ämnet Visningsalternativ
  (#1) Gammal
tephlon Inte uppkopplad

Reg.datum: Jun 2006
Standard RE: Relakks and the Linux command line - 2007-01-16, 00:35

Nice to hear that you're making progress

Well, if you can connect to and use Relakks I would think that your firewall is blocking icmp packets at some point. You do have an accept policy in your OUTPUT chain, but it is a bit difficult to see. (Your script seems to need a bit of cleaning up and it is a bit ambiguous in places. But if it works as you want, never mind me )

Svara med citat
  (#2) Gammal
zooounds Inte uppkopplad

Reg.datum: Dec 2006

Länk: #75100
Standard RE: Relakks and the Linux command line - 2007-06-03, 09:07

I can't get DNS to work ewhen beeing connected to Relakks. This causes the script to break when it tries to update the routes (as It won't get any DNS answers for pptp.relakks.com.

Any suggestions what could be the problem?

Btw, no firewall rules could be the problem.

Svara med citat
  (#3) Gammal
John Nilsson Inte uppkopplad

John Nilssons avatar

Reg.datum: Jan 2006

Länk: #75112
Standard RE: Relakks and the Linux command line - 2007-06-03, 13:58

Citat:
zooounds (2007-Jun-03)Any suggestions what could be the problem?

What is the output of
Kod:
cat /etc/resolv.conf; route -n
?

John Nilsson Svensk mästare i sär skrivning

Mail: john.nilsson@piratpartiet.se

Skicka ett meddelande via MSN till John Nilsson  
Svara med citat
  (#4) Gammal
Magui Inte uppkopplad

Reg.datum: Sep 2007

Länk: #83003
Standard RE: Relakks and the Linux command line - 2007-09-28, 02:44

First off, thanks to tephlon for taking the trouble to post his guide. I don't use Relakks, though I considered it. I use another commercial VPN provider called Secureix. I spent several days searching all over the Web to see if somebody had managed to set up something like this. What I really appreciate is that tephlon took the time to discuss the alternative set-ups in the 2nd half of his post. One of these alternative set-ups is exactly what I was looking for and that is the last option where he binds the app to some non-routable IP like 172.16.0.10 and then all packets with this IP as source or destination get routed through the tunnel. I followed his instructions and this set-up works perfectly in Azureus.

But Azureus is not really my preferred P2P app. What I really like to run 24/7 is amule. I cannot get amule to work with the same set-up that Azureus runs with. Moreover, it seems that amule is always bypassing the VPN tunnel to try to connect me to other peers. I mean, that it tries to establish a direct connection to other amule clients rather than try to establish a connection through the tunnel. It's strange. This happens even after I go into amule's preferences and I bind amule to the same IP that Azureus is bound to (Azureus is not running when I do this).

Well, there are other symptoms, but I'll spare you the details. What I wanted to ask is if anyone here has ever tried running amule through a VPN tunnel, and if so, were you able to get amule to send/receive all its traffic through the tunnel? I've already spent time asking other guys who are more experienced amule users about this, but I haven't made much progress. One of them mentioned the possibility that maybe the IP-binding is not yet fully implemented in amule.

In any case, if anyone here has any thoughts on this, I would really appreciate a reply.

Svara med citat
Svara

Ämnesverktyg Sök i det här ämnet
Sök i det här ämnet:

Avancerad sökning
Visningsalternativ

Regler för att posta
Du får inte posta nya ämnen
Du får inte posta svar
Du får inte posta bifogade filer
Du får inte redigera dina inlägg

BB-kod är
Smilies är
[IMG]-kod är
HTML-kod är av

Liknande ämnen
Ämne Startat av Forum Svar Senaste inlägg
San Antonio, USA, ska få "Air Force cyber command" megaman PP i media 0 2009-05-20 09:49
relakks on linux low mtu suddenly causes protocol-reject errors [Solved] marthafokker Relakks 11 2007-09-28 10:25
Drawing the Line: The Rise of the Information Processing Patent John Nilsson PP i media 0 2007-04-14 01:04
Relakks L2TP Linux Debian ph00 Relakks 1 2006-12-20 00:38
Relakks och linux xor Relakks 5 2006-08-18 11:41