Piratpartiets mötesplattform

Svara

Ämnesverktyg Sök i det här ämnet Visningsalternativ
  (#1) Gammal
Jacob Boström Inte uppkopplad

Jacob Boströms avatar

Reg.datum: Jan 2006
Standard Pandebatt i Austin Texas med Motion Picture Association of America - 2006-03-18, 00:26

South by Southwest (SXSW) Interactive Festival 2006 i Austin, Texas.

Paneldebatt "The Future of Darknets: Can Hollywood See the Light?" (13/3 -06)

Moderator: JD Lasica Exec Dir, Ourmedia

Kori Bernards VP Corp Comm, Motion Picture Association of America Inc

Heather Champ Community Mgr, Flickr

Mark Ishikawa BayTSP

Dave Toole CEO, Outhink

JD Lasica Exec Dir, Ourmedia

Ian Clarke Coord, Freenet Project Inc

Citat:
the panel was hijacked the moment one panelist said, "Hello, my name is Kori Bernards, and I'm from the Motion Picture Association of America."

http://blogumentary.typepad.com/chuc...w_darknets.mov kort film (på 56 sek) med MPAA representanten

http://server1.sxsw.com/2006/coverag...OfDarknets.mp3

Hela paneldebatten ^ (om darknets, freenets, 'släcktanät', krypteradenät) vilket omstyrdes av en uppriven Austin publik/allmännhet till en upphovsrättsdebatt (52:09 minuter lång).

Citat:
What followed was an hour-long firing squad as one audience member after another directed angry questions her way. The feeling of pent-up frustrations with the movie biz was palpable, especially as her claims of flexibility and excitement within the MPAA to find "creative new solutions" to the problems raised by the audience rang more and more hollow, the more times she repeated them.
Citat:
After all, when we allow these industry groups to frame the debate about the internet and file trading as artists versus pirates, it's a false dichotomy. No one in that angry audience in Austin wants to dupe a movie to sell it on the street. That's piracy. We just want to put movies on our hard drives and iPods, share our mix CDs with each other (just like we used to do with tapes), and mash that funny video with that cool song to produce something new, something we'll give away for free.
Citat:
Until we (users, industry groups, lawyers, and politicians) finally make a clear legal and procedural distinction between copying a work for noncommercial creation of new works (like mashups or backups) and wholesale piracy for profit (like duplicating a work for the purpose of resale), we're just going to keep shouting at each other in conference rooms and newspapers, and real innovation will never get made.
http://www.powazek.com/2006/03/000571.html 15/3 -06

Citat:
So when the guys from skinnyCorp opened their komono in the Zero Advertising panel to share their four steps to success, I took notes and made my own translations. Here goes. 1. Allow your content to be created by its community. (My translation: Bottoms-up.) 2. Put your project in the hands of its community. (My translation: Listen and adapt.) 3. Let your community grow itself. (My translation: Zero advertising.) 4. Reward the community that makes your project possible. (My translation: Pay it forward.)
Citat:
See a theme here? It's all about giving up control. Give the power to your community, trust them, listen to them, and believe in them. When someone in the audience asked, "but aren't you afaid everyone could get pissed off and leave?" Their answer was something like: If that happens, we probably deserved it.
http://www.powazek.com/2006/03/000572.html 15/3 -06

(via digg.com)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Svara med citat
  (#2) Gammal
Oberg Inte uppkopplad

Reg.datum: Mar 2006

Länk: #12471
Standard RE: Pandebatt i Austin Texas med Motion Picture Association of America - 2006-03-18, 16:06

intressant!

Svara med citat
Svara

Ämnesverktyg Sök i det här ämnet
Sök i det här ämnet:

Avancerad sökning
Visningsalternativ

Regler för att posta
Du får inte posta nya ämnen
Du får inte posta svar
Du får inte posta bifogade filer
Du får inte redigera dina inlägg

BB-kod är
Smilies är
[IMG]-kod är
HTML-kod är av

Liknande ämnen
Ämne Startat av Forum Svar Senaste inlägg
The Big Picture Fahrenheit451 Övrig diskussion 3 2008-08-19 23:58
America Under Attack Blod-Svente Integritet och privatliv 0 2008-04-14 23:48
The Most Anti-Tech Organizations in America infinite_emma PP i media 1 2007-12-05 15:09
Motion Picture Association of America om net neutrality Dennis Nilsson PP i media 2 2007-07-20 12:01
Fascist America, in 10 easy steps Mårten Fjällström PP i media 0 2007-04-24 19:52