Piratpartiets mötesplattform

Svara

Ämnesverktyg Sök i det här ämnet Visningsalternativ
  (#1) Gammal
Jacob Boström Inte uppkopplad

Jacob Boströms avatar

Reg.datum: Jan 2006
Standard Slashdot om Filmstudion Universal och deras Download-to-Own initiativ - 2006-03-24, 09:49

Film studion Universal ska dra igång en nedladdningservice med DRM (Digital Restriction/Rights Management) skyddade filmer.

Slashdot om initiativet

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=0...01216&from=rss(24/3 -06)

En kommentar från en insiktsfull /. användare

Citat:
They are unable to accept the notion that they have been wrong all of these years, and are terrified that Apple is increasingly making them irrelevant in the marketplace. They are not producing any physical product, the overhead and media itself is being paid for out of Apple's tiny cut (they've only recently passed break-even on the store) and they are collecting a lionshare of the proceeds for doing nothing but allowing Apple to reproduce the content they did not make. It's a zero-risk, zero-investment game with high returns for them and them alone. With fewer bands (even established ones) getting any attention from the marketing departments at major labels, the day is coming when they will be cut out of the arrangement altogether and bands upload their music on their own (as they can do right now when they lack a big-label contract prohibiting such things). If you're not getting any airplay, the only thing you need is GarageBand, a tour promoter and an iTunes merchant account. The 90% take the labels claim on each sale, and the indentured servitude they put bands in for the ridiculous expenses they charge to each group just isn't getting anyone but a few main artists any kind of return.

The film studios are well-aware of the trap the music labels walked into, and want to ensure that any movie service has no room in it for the individual copyright holder and is arranged so if the movie studios are the only source for content, they get a monthly cut and there is no ability for individuals to upload their own films, as there is no way for them to tap into the monthly revenue stream going back to Hollywood.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Svara med citat
Svara

Ämnesverktyg Sök i det här ämnet
Sök i det här ämnet:

Avancerad sökning
Visningsalternativ

Regler för att posta
Du får inte posta nya ämnen
Du får inte posta svar
Du får inte posta bifogade filer
Du får inte redigera dina inlägg

BB-kod är
Smilies är
[IMG]-kod är
HTML-kod är av

Liknande ämnen
Ämne Startat av Forum Svar Senaste inlägg
Mejlbombningen ett "utmärkt initiativ" Ken Rabelius PP i media 1 2008-07-01 15:42
DN, 2007-02-20: Feministiskt initiativ ger upp som parti 1ll3xc PP i media 17 2007-02-21 18:36
”Feministiskt initiativ tar sikte på universitetet” Stefan Flod 28. Västerbottens län 3 2006-11-01 18:08
Feministiskt Initiativ med i DN:s val chatt fredst PP i media 4 2006-09-02 10:44
Vilket underbart initiativ! Lux Övrig diskussion 5 2006-01-09 12:49