Piratpartiets mötesplattform

Ämnesverktyg Sök i det här ämnet Visningsalternativ
  (#1) Gammal
Mollemand Inte uppkopplad

Reg.datum: May 2009
Standard Polygraph Test for Politicians? - 2009-05-21, 19:51

First of all, I'm sorry that I write in English, it's just that my written Swedish sucks even more. Bear with me

I was thinking that we could add to the political circus, and at the same time make it a bit more clear to our arcane politicians what the PP course is all about, by adding the following to the election program:

That it be mandatory for every politician to subject themselves to a polygraph test whilst speaking in office; and that when found guilty of speaking false or truth avoiding in accordance with the polygraph, such politician should be the subject of a penalty of maximum two years in prison. In addition such person should not enjoy the rights of pension or other benefits obtained whilst in office. As should such person be banned from all further political activity.

Here is why this is a good idea:

It follows the same rules of 'guilty until proven innocent' as the ipred law.

It is just as unscientific as abandoning internet privacy.

No politician can survive a week without lying, making it very unreasonable - as ipred.

It threatens to remove a livelihood for lifetime.

Well maybe not too serious, but at least good fun.

TY

/m

† B4 Vista

(#2) Gammal
Kaysow Inte uppkopplad

Kaysows avatar

Länk: #149783
Standard RE: Polygraph Test for Politicians? - 2009-05-21, 20:07

I dunno, polygraphs don't seem all that reliable anyway. Also, you sort of have to assume people are inherently honest, otherwise we're going the same way as the gov't.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ungdomar är en svår grupp att nå."

-Fredrik Reinfeldt, Maj 2009

(#3) Gammal

Länk: #149785
Standard RE: Polygraph Test for Politicians? - 2009-05-21, 20:12

Citat:
Kaysow (2009-May-21)I dunno, polygraphs don't seem all that reliable anyway. Also, you sort of have to assume people are inherently honest, otherwise we're going the same way as the gov't.

That was sort of the point. Showing how unreasonable the gov is by putting forth a just as unreasonable demand on them.

† B4 Vista

(#4) Gammal
Kaysow Inte uppkopplad

Kaysows avatar

Länk: #149799
Standard RE: Polygraph Test for Politicians? - 2009-05-21, 21:02

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ungdomar är en svår grupp att nå."

-Fredrik Reinfeldt, Maj 2009

(#5) Gammal
andreasma Inte uppkopplad

andreasmas avatar

Länk: #149818
Standard RE: Polygraph Test for Politicians? - 2009-05-21, 22:36

Well, that's somewhat funny... can be a "groundplate" for a blogpost from one/many of the Pirat Party's bloggers!?

--------------------------------------------------------------

GULDPIRAT sedan mars 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Be the change you want to see!"

/ Andreas Magnusson,

Gårdsten,

Göteborg..................

(#6) Gammal
O'Brien Inte uppkopplad

Länk: #150296
Standard RE: Polygraph Test for Politicians? - 2009-05-23, 02:43

Citat:
Mollemand (2009-May-21)First of all, I'm sorry that I write in English, it's just that my written Swedish sucks even more. Bear with me

I was thinking that we could add to the political circus, and at the same time make it a bit more clear to our arcane politicians what the PP course is all about, by adding the following to the election program:

That it be mandatory for every politician to subject themselves to a polygraph test whilst speaking in office; and that when found guilty of speaking false or truth avoiding in accordance with the polygraph, such politician should be the subject of a penalty of maximum two years in prison. In addition such person should not enjoy the rights of pension or other benefits obtained whilst in office. As should such person be banned from all further political activity.

Here is why this is a good idea:

It follows the same rules of 'guilty until proven innocent' as the ipred law.

It is just as unscientific as abandoning internet privacy.

No politician can survive a week without lying, making it very unreasonable - as ipred.

It threatens to remove a livelihood for lifetime.

Well maybe not too serious, but at least good fun.

TY

/m

I like the idea a lot! I think it should be done!

On a more serious note, according to

http://antipolygraph.org/lie-behind-...e-detector.pdf

polygraphs are mainly detrimental to justice.

Nevertheless, apparently insurance companies in England, Germany and Switzerland are trying out or using lie detection software on the phone on their costumers.

http://www.stoppastorebror.se/A-till-O.htm#Lies

Apparently, this already reduces the losses for these companies. If these companies' use of lie detection software is legal in those countries, then the politicians in those countries should definitely be subjected to the same lie detection software. Their lies are potentially much more harmful to the people than the lies of insurance costumers are to insurance companies. It doesn't matter how reliable or unreliable the lie detection software is - it's apparently deemed okay to use on people who want an insurance, so how could it not be okay to use it on the politicians as well?

(#7) Gammal

Länk: #150516
Standard RE: Polygraph Test for Politicians? - 2009-05-24, 08:54

DOH!

I wouldn't want to be one of the persons in the wrong end of that softwares validity bell-curve

In that case you would be better off chancing without insurance.

As for that US software ... I guess some people just never get to see more than the customs in the USA.

Oh well, a small price for maintaining the right to call it The Land of the Free. Only in the U... oh, wait(?!)

† B4 Vista

(#8) Gammal
joonicks Inte uppkopplad

joonickss avatar

Länk: #150795
Standard RE: Polygraph Test for Politicians? - 2009-05-25, 10:15

I find the idea fairly impossible to implement.

* The better a politician is at "bending the truth" in his own favor, the more likely he is to get elected for prominent positions.

* Most politicians probably BELIEVE in the crap they are pushing and a polygraph would be unlikely to react to something the goofballs actually believe in.

* A politician who passes a polygraph test gets more credibility from the general public.

As a result, politicians, to be successful, need to be better liars. But once they are, they can also be more corrupt and deliver less to the people.

Ämnesverktyg Sök i det här ämnet
Sök i det här ämnet:

Avancerad sökning
Visningsalternativ

Regler för att posta
Du får inte posta nya ämnen
Du får inte posta svar
Du får inte posta bifogade filer
Du får inte redigera dina inlägg

BB-kod är
Smilies är
[IMG]-kod är
HTML-kod är av

Liknande ämnen
Ämne Startat av Forum Svar Senaste inlägg
Demo version : Citizen Intelligence Agency (Tracking Politicians like bugs) pether Övrig diskussion 12 2009-04-26 13:22
European Politicians Launch Pro-Filesharing Campaign tg PP i media 0 2008-01-19 22:15
Swedish Politicians Strike Blows at Copyright Lobby Perty PP i media 0 2008-01-11 00:46
Politicians smell votes in Sweden's file-sharing debate Göran Axelsson PP i media 3 2006-06-20 05:10