Piratpartiets mötesplattform

Svara   Lägg till ytterligare källa

Ämnesverktyg Sök i det här ämnet Visningsalternativ
  (#1) Gammal
Nyhetsankaret Inte uppkopplad

Nyhetsankarets avatar

Reg.datum: Dec 2010
Standard Aaron Swartz: cannon fodder in the war against internet freedom - 2013-01-20, 12:35

Aaron Swartz: cannon fodder in the war against internet freedom
Governments are determined to control the internet, and if hackers like Swartz get in the way, they will be crushed

It would be possible to write off the Swartz prosecution (as some have done) as the action of a politically ambitious attorney general, but actually it fits a much more sinister pattern. It was clear that a decision had been made to make an example of this cheeky young hacker and in that sense this grotesque prosecution sits neatly alongside the treatment of Corporal Bradley Manning, not to mention the hysterical reaction of the US authorities to WikiLeaks.

What has happened, in fact, is that governments which since 9/11 have presided over the morphing of their democracies into national security states have realised that the internet represents a truly radical challenge to their authority, and they are absolutely determined to control it.
Källa: http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/jan/20/aaron-swartz-cannon-fodder-internet-freedom Tipstack: figaropravda

Svara med citat
Svara  Lägg till ytterligare källa

Ämnesverktyg Sök i det här ämnet
Sök i det här ämnet:

Avancerad sökning
Visningsalternativ

Regler för att posta
Du får inte posta nya ämnen
Du får inte posta svar
Du får inte posta bifogade filer
Du får inte redigera dina inlägg

BB-kod är