Piratpartiets mötesplattform

< DöljPiratpartiets vårmöte 2016
Mötesklocka   
Svara

Ämnesverktyg Sök i det här ämnet Visningsalternativ
  (#1) Gammal
Old Researcher Inte uppkopplad

Reg.datum: Aug 2009
Standard How is Digital Restriction Management different from pre-digital restriction management? - 2009-08-16, 18:12

I've read the statement on your Party website http://www.piratpartiet.se/politik/forbud_mot_drm and sure, IF you can get the EU to create a free internet in the EU by banning the use of Digital Restriction Management (DRM) to ring-fence websites, you effectively undermine all charging of a fee or subscription to access any website in all the EU member-states. Of course, you can still made to pay on websites in countries that have not banned DRM.

Its a bit like saying shops can charge whatever they like for the products they sell but the property cannot be locked at night or weekends, and there is no police force to prevent people coming into your shop and taking whatever they want, still less to apprehending them so the goods can be returned to the shop-owner. Locking a shop is also a kind of DRM - or more accurately a technologically pre-Digital Restriction Management - is it not?

How is the technical ring-fencing of a website any different from locking a shop at night?

The owners have a legal right to sell their stock - thats how shopkeepers make their living. But that right is backed up by deterrents to pilfering and shop-lifting. One of these deterrents is locking a shop at night and being able to call the police, as stealing is illegal and, crucially, there is a system of policing and courts of law paid by taxes to enforce this.

Svara med citat
  (#2) Gammal
mobboffer Inte uppkopplad

mobboffers avatar

Reg.datum: May 2006

Länk: #166370
Standard RE: How is Digital Restriction Management different from pre-digital restriction management? - 2009-08-16, 18:32

Citat:
Old Researcher (2009-Aug-16)I've read the statement on your Party website http://www.piratpartiet.se/politik/forbud_mot_drm and sure, IF you can get the EU to create a free internet in the EU by banning the use of Digital Restriction Management (DRM) to ring-fence websites, you effectively undermine all charging of a fee or subscription to access any website in all the EU member-states. Of course, you can still made to pay on websites in countries that have not banned DRM.
We are not against access restrictions on web sites. It's only if you bought something that the DRM-prohibition kicks in.

Svara med citat
Svara

Ämnesverktyg Sök i det här ämnet
Sök i det här ämnet:

Avancerad sökning
Visningsalternativ

Regler för att posta
Du får inte posta nya ämnen
Du får inte posta svar
Du får inte posta bifogade filer
Du får inte redigera dina inlägg

BB-kod är
Smilies är
[IMG]-kod är
HTML-kod är av

Liknande ämnen
Ämne Startat av Forum Svar Senaste inlägg
(EU) Code of Practice on the management of Intellectual Property TeirdeZ Kunskap och patenträtt 3 2008-03-19 16:14
Digital råmaterialskostnad? sebastian nielsen Kultur och upphovsrätt 57 2007-09-11 17:49
WOS4: Quality management in free content John Nilsson PP i media 0 2006-10-02 19:10
APIG inquiry into Digital Rights Management John Nilsson PP i media 1 2006-06-16 00:56
Digital film JohanR PP i media 1 2006-05-29 08:42